Monday, April 22, 2013

real life...

today... i started with grand intentions and a headache.  the headache is a better indication of how my day has gone.  

i will end today with foster care class, which always result in mental and emotional exhaustion.  i know it's coming and i'm praying for the strength to meet it with a humble heart and a dependance on my Lord.  

in the mean time, you will find me shoving dirty dishes in my oven and piling the clean, yet wrinkled mountain of laundry on my bed so that our wonderful friends, who are so beautifully willing to watch our children while we are at class, don't have to look at my chaotic mess.  



yes, this is real life today.  yet, God is teaching me more and more to depend upon Him and His strength. today, i should have started it leaning on Him a bit more.  

Psalm 28:7
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; 
My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults, And with my song i shall thank Him." 

5 comments:

  1. We all have days like that. ;o) Hope your Tuesday was better and I'm continuing to pray for your foster class and adoption journey. Have a great week Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you sweet dear--bless you for posting a messy-house picture! Love your honesty--we sure all have those days. I was just thinking of you guys earlier and praying for you. And for things in this going-to-classes-and-waiting-to-see-the-Lord's-will phase of life. Hang in there! Hope that headache is gone. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo Janna and Anna and say that it's nice to see that others have "those days" just like me. Love the verse you shared and the comfort and hope it brings amidst the "every days" we walk through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for wisdom and the Lord's blessing. Love, Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops, posted this in the wrong spot! (Gramma). ....don't know what happened

    ReplyDelete

so glad you stopped by! i love to know who's been visiting, so leave a comment, if you would please!