Monday, January 21, 2013

dreaming of dirt...

the garden planning is well underway. 

no, i'm not a master gardener.  in fact i'm still very much a beginner.  but i love it!
  
lists have been made, seeds have arrived in the mail, layouts have been drawn and redrawn, and i'm just itching to take a trip to the garden center!


but i'm practicing self control.  there is still a lot of time to pass before the weather will be right for these littles to be dropped in the ground.  and i still have a lot of prep work that needs to be done to ready the ground, including a bit of manure and a lot of compost.  but until the time comes, i try to satisfy my urges for the outdoors by thumbing through at all the pretty pictures on the front of the packets.  


yep, that's 4 different kinds of zinnias.  what can i say?  i have a soft spot for these little poofs of color that grow so happily with very little attention.

anyone else got the urge to go dig in the dirt?  

or is that just me and my crew of little boys?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, me too! As I saw the title of your post I had a feeling it wasn't a boy-related one. ;o) I'm looking forward to trying a few new things this year. Strange how something like growing little plants can bring one so much joy. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks like GREAT fun...I might have to stop by just to admire and frolic in your yard this summer...this is on my 'down-the-road' to-do list. Can't wait to see it! :)

    and p.s., just curious if the 'manure' is coming from the plentiful stockpiles of either of your parents' farms? ;) Those pretty zinnias will enjoy such rich and nourishing food. Happy planting! :)

    ReplyDelete

so glad you stopped by! i love to know who's been visiting, so leave a comment, if you would please!