Tuesday, October 23, 2012

seeing growth in this season

my boys love their rocket swing, as they like to call it. 
though, usually they don't play on it unless someone big is around to push them "up, up, high, to the top of the tree!"
sadly, mommy can't play outside all day.
so, we devised a new way for them to swing on their own.  


up...


up...


ready...


go!


last time i took swinging pictures  was at the beginning of the summer.  i was being convicted of my sinful anger.  things were busy, and i was letting my emotions get away from me, allowing them to get out of control.  

now it's fall, and it's good to look back and see how God has used the past few months to grow me in this area.  


i will always be a bit of an emotional person.  that's part of who i am, made by God.  (yes, i'm the one who cries over the slightly sad tv show, even when walking in half way through and not really understanding the plot.)  
but my personality is never an excuse to disobey my Lord.  and He is so good to point that out to me in a blunt yet loving way.  and even, to help me correct it.

it's taken time.  it always takes time to grow.  and while in that growth, it can feel like it's taking so very long.  but when we look back and can see how far the Lord has brought us, we know that's it's been time well spent learning to walk closer with Him.  



i have fought, and continue to fight, by the Holy Spirits power, to control my anger and keep a gentle spirit.  i am learning to keep biting words out of my mouth and use kind (though, sometimes firm) words, even when the situation is stressful or a bit crazy.  


praise the Lord for His work in me and His promises to continue teaching and molding me until His return or calling me home...

Philippians 1:6
"For I am confident of this very thing, 
that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."

look back in your own life.  how have you seen God grow you this summer?  have you stopped to praise Him for the work He's been doing in your life?  what area's needing growth has He been pointing out to you lately?  



1 comment:

  1. I love the bundled up little boy, complete with hat and jacket, but minus shoes. :) And Phil 1:6 is quite possibly my favorite verse (although it's always so hard to choose)---I am *so* thankful that He has promised to keep working in me!!!

    ReplyDelete

so glad you stopped by! i love to know who's been visiting, so leave a comment, if you would please!