Monday, September 24, 2012

tiny rocks and little socks...

Psalm 18:1-3
"I love You, O Lord,
my strength."
The Lord is my rock and
my fortress and my 
deliverer,
My God, my rock, in 
whom I take refuge;
My sheild and the 
horn of my salvation,
my stronghold.
I call upon the Lord, who
is worthy to be praised,
And I am saved from my 
enemies.


found these in the bottom of the washing machine after a load of little man clothes.  

so wonderful the way the God of all creation puts these little reminders in my day.  reminders to stop and thank Him for the little boys who tucked these in their pockets and take time to praise Him for being my Rock.  

-----

Monday is now 'Laundry day' here in the Jacobsen household.  that means that the washer and dryer take priority.  even though i have a kitchen that is borderline out of control & a sore back from sleeping on the ground this weekend, my time is wrapped around the changing of loads and folding of little sock and grungies.  Lord willing, i will get everything clean and put away where it belongs before Nick comes home from work this evening.  

we've been working on having 'laundry day' for a couple weeks now.  it's moved around a bit while we try and figure out a good weekly routine, and it may move again.  but it's definately going to be a part of our week from now on!  having this day makes the rest of our week so much smoother.  

yes, i will still have to wash a couple loads throughout the week, most likely due to a lazy potty trainer.  but clean socks and undershirts put where he can find them, makes the husband a bit more chipper.  and that makes me happy to revolve around the timing of loads one day a week.  

what happy chores are you up to this monday?


No comments:

Post a Comment

so glad you stopped by! i love to know who's been visiting, so leave a comment, if you would please!