Friday, June 1, 2012

blessed be the name of the Lord

been wanting to post.  i've had a lot on my plate and a lot on my mind.  so let me share a song that i found encouraging and some random thoughts from my scattered brain.

Blessed be Your Name

Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name



as we settle into this new house, i have been thinking about the last house we bought.  i could go through a list of how different they are and what i love about each one.  but, what keeps coming to mind is God's timing.  we bought that house thinking we would be there a minimum of 4 years.  but God had other plans and 1 year later (almost to the day) we moved out of that house and into a little rental half way across the country.  now we have another house and are trying to remember to hold this one with an open hand.  after all, we may be planning on being here for 10+ years, but we never know what God has in mind and who He will bless with this house.

Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name


----------------------------------------------------------------------




recently Nick and I rejoiced over a milestone.  3 years since he finished chemo.  he celebrated the goodness of God by shaving his head & face.  sorry, no picture (here's an original if your wondering what he looks like bald).  it was a little too much of a flashback for me.  but every time i look at him with that bit of fuzz that's starting to grow back, i'm reminded about how merciful is the God we serve.

God, in His mercy, took us to place that would be amazing for the care and treatment of his cancer.  He moved us to a job with amazing benifits and gave him bosses who had huge compassion for Nick and our whole family.  He put us in a place that was close to doctors leading in the field of treatment for his kind of cancer, and facilities that far surpassed anything we could have expected.  He took us to the desert, both literally and figuratively.  a place that was far from those we loved and He taught us so many things about relying on HIM for strength, not on each other, not on friends, not on family, only on Him.

and while i think that He has continued to grow me since that trial, there is a certain kind of closeness that you have with Him when you are in the thick of life and death.  i, in no way, wish for chemo again.  yet, i miss that closeness.  i find myself praying that i might feel His hand on me in that special way again.

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 i find myself offering up my heart to Him.  my house is a wreck and i beg Him for the energy to conquer it.  He is good, and He will help me though the chaos of toys, dirty dishes, laundry piles and toilet scrubbing that needs to be done.  our family is in the stage of life where a mess is normal.  so i'm thankful that, at least for a little while, there are no life threatening illnesses, no surgeries on the calender, just a normal mess.  i simply ask, if you are attending Bible study at my house this summer, please don't look to closely at my dirty floors and unfinished painted trim.  my life is normal right now.  :)

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Isaac has been rapid fire questions about how to be saved.  it's exciting and a little scary at the same time.  to see Him understand that heaven and hell are real.  to hear him say "i'm a christian!" and have to correct him and explain that he isn't a christian until he repents of his sins and gives his heart to God.   to want something so badly and not be able to do a darn thing to make it happen, because his salvation is completely between him and God.  and then to lose my temper and be a rotten example of the love of Christ and a terrible picture of a life given to God.  that breaks my heart even more.  because as much as i love my son, i love my Lord more.  and by my sin, i've broken His heart deeper than i can ever imagine.  so i pray.  i pray for forgiveness and the strength to do better as i grow.  i pray for the salvation of these little souls i'm called to care for as i offer them up to Him.  i pray because it is exciting and a little scary, and He knows.

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord


1 Chronicles 16:36

"Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel,
From everlasting even to everlasting."
Then all the people said, “Amen,” and praised the Lord.




2 comments:

  1. Love this posting Sarah--you've made me a bit teary. That song has been special to me too and it is so wonderful to be in a place (spiritually) where you can say along with Job "The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away, Blessed be the name of the Lord." Praising God with you for His faithfulness and the way He is working in your lives, thankful too, for the bit of hindsight He has allowed, to see His loving care of you all along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT posting, Sarah...I so love that song for the attitude it exemplifies. So very Job-esque. And love reading your thoughts on life, and celebrating the Lord's blessings, His timing, and His plan for our life. May we all be walking close to Him!

    ...wow, 3 years! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete

so glad you stopped by! i love to know who's been visiting, so leave a comment, if you would please!