Thursday, April 19, 2012

embrace the camera ~ 4.19.12

flash back...

over 4 years ago.
no particular reason for pulling these up now.
simply saw them on the slideshow on my sidebar.
these are some of my favorite pictures.
thought i would share.

the birth of my Isaac







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

these pictures make my heart so happy.  and yet, a little sad.

i may never again get a moment like these photo's hold.  as of this month, it's been 2 years since i finished nursing Christian.  2 years since my body was ready for another kiddo.  2 years that Nick and I have been waiting.  

cancer of a loved one is a hard thing when you're in it.  but people don't always think of how it can sometimes be hard long after the surgery and chemo are over.  

not a lot of people know that, due to Nick's cancer, the odds of us having another child is close to 0.  zilch.
they don't really understand that the coy little comments and teasing remarks about "don't your boys need a sister?" or "isn't it about time for another?" aren't that funny. 

yet i smile politely.  i sometimes give a little forced giggle and often make a comment about how i would love more children if God sees fit.  and then i head home and shed a few tears & run into my Lords arms.  

He is there.  always.  ready and waiting.

my God is completely able to work a miracle in my husbands body and bless us with another pregnancy. 
but my God is not just the God of miracles, the miraculous and amazing.  He can defy the natural boundaries that He has set up.  but He is also the God of providence.  His will is over all the big and small events and going-ons in this world that He made.  He works every decision made by others together to accomplish the amazing & just.  my God is sovereign.  He orchestrates every little thing to work together perfectly for His glory and my good.  

so, at least for now, in His sovereignty, He doesn't work a miracle.
He simply comforts me.  He is there.  my Confidant.  my Stronghold.  my emotional Shield.

Psalm 116:1-2 & 5-7

"I love the Lord, because He hears
My voice and my supplications.
Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.

Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
Yes, our God is compassionate.
The Lord preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you."


p.s. i hope this post was an encouragement to you.  i hope that you find joy in the fact that God is a comfort to His children in any difficulty.  if you don't know for sure that you are His child, you can read what i wrote here.  know that i am praying for every one of you who read this post.  praying that you will know for sure whether or not you are saved from your sins and a believer in what He has written in His love letter, the Bible.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh my these are beautiful photos. The best moment to capture! My Gideon was born 4 years ago, makes me want to go back and look at my photos...

    Jess from A Winding Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures Sarah. I'm thankful for a God who knows those hidden hurts and is there for comfort. I can't imagine having to do life without the knowledge that He is sovereign over all.

    ReplyDelete

so glad you stopped by! i love to know who's been visiting, so leave a comment, if you would please!