Monday, February 20, 2012

stop whining and do good

my boys asked to watch a movie this morning, so i took advantage of the time and spent some of it on laundry, and some of it in the Word of God.  both things well worth my time.

i read part of Job, where God speaks to Job out of a storm and reprimands him for his foolish words.  Job replies with "Behold, I am insignificant; what can I reply to You? I lay my hand on my mouth."  smart man, that Job.  i think i need to take a cue from him more often.  to stop my complaining and trust that the all powerful God of the world, He who dictates the seasons and the wild beasts, has it all well within His control and His timing.  specifically, i need to stop being frustrated that we haven't found a house yet and trust the Lords ability to give us one when He see's fit.  and i definitely need to be careful that i do not grumble about it!  as Job puts it, "I lay my hand on my mouth."

also, ran across Proverbs 18:22 "He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord."  i have a note written next to it, "am i acting like a good thing?"  a good reminder that i am a blessing to my husband, but i'm also a person with the ability to choose my actions.  so, i decide if i'm going to do good and profitable things or if i'm going to be lazy and worthless.*

overall moral of the story/post being, "stop whining and do good."  


*p.s. Proverbs is full of some amazing and practical wisdom.  here are some more verses i have found helpful, giving both of do's and don'ts for women.  Prov 11:16, Prov 12:4Prov 14:1Prov 19:14Prov 25:24




1 comment:

  1. I so identify with the struggling to wait on His timing . . . story of my life. ;o) And yet over and over again I can see how God was working out for the good what I couldn't see with my short-sightedness. I'm certain He is working out just the home for your family!!

    ReplyDelete

so glad you stopped by! i love to know who's been visiting, so leave a comment, if you would please!