Tuesday, January 31, 2012

busy day

it's tuesday.  tuesday is a day where i have Titus Tuesday (our ladies Bible study) in the morning & Edge Bible study in the evening.  we love them both so much, but it makes for a very busy day.

i was planning on sharing a treat with you all, but it's 4:45 & i still have to make/serve/clean up supper and finish rounding up everything we need to take tonight.  so, it will have to wait until tomorrow.

i will simply leave you with some words of wisdom from the study this morning...
feel free to go here to listen to the lesson yourself.  just look for today's date.

we heard today about the Omnipresence of God.  How He is everywhere at all times and knows everything you do and hears everything you think.  He sees every sin you do, even when you think no one can.

now, after you let that fact blow your mind, you might come to a place where it comforts you or to where that thought intimidates you.  today, i have chosen to find comfort in this fact.  and i have chosen to set that in the forefront of my mind.


Psalm 16:8
"I have set the Lord continually before me;
Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."


as the verse says, "i have set the Lord continually before me" meaning, i will put Him in the forefront of my mind.   "because He is at my right hand" that is to say, He is completely accessible at any moment and i take full advantage of that, therefore, i will not be frazzled, i will not be frustrated, "i will not be shaken."


because i serve the Lord God who is omnipresent, He knows every struggle i fight and every battle i am in no matter how big or small they may seem.  He was there comforting me as my newborn baby needed heart surgery (a long story for another day).  He gave me strength to support my family as my husband battled cancer.  and He is no less present in my life today as i train up my boys to honor and obey.  He is just as big, just as powerful and just as active in my life.

it might not always work out that i am perfectly patient and calm.  i still mess up when i try to do it in my own strength.  but i have everything i need.  my heavenly Father is every present to help me and hear me when i pray.  and like i said, that is a very comforting thought.





No comments:

Post a Comment

so glad you stopped by! i love to know who's been visiting, so leave a comment, if you would please!