Friday, November 5, 2010

yes, i know there is a jar of goo on my counter...

and yes, i know it is growing. in fact, i'm growing it so i can eat it. :)

it's actually sourdough starter and i'm very excited to see if i can make a go of it. i'm taking this class from gnowfglins and it's so interesting. i never knew you could make a whole wheat sourdough (i've only ever had white) and there are so many different uses for it. i'm looking forward to trying to make tortilla chips and cake from my starter. i'll let you know how it goes. for now, i'll keep feeding this little sucker and in about a week try something with it.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm interested to see how it works out for you. I've just gotten some kefir grains from a friend, and they're growing in milk on the counter. It's weird to explain to people, but my kefir makes me happy. :) Good luck with your sourdough!

    ReplyDelete

so glad you stopped by! i love to know who's been visiting, so leave a comment, if you would please!