Thursday, September 24, 2009

Surgery it is

So, Monday I met a surgern down at UCLA. I will be having sugery in mid October.
So the long and short of it is there are still masses in my lymph glands. They could be one of three things: fiberous tissue (or scar like tissue), residual cancer, or teratoma (pre-cancerous cells that have the ability to move and develope into a chemo resistant cancer).

This surgery is rather extensive. The surgern will cut from my lower sternam to below my belt line, remove all my insides and lay them on the table. He will then remove all the lymph glands out of the back side of the abdomen, place all the important items back inside and sow me up. It is anticipated that I will be out of work for 6ish weeks. This should provide a great amount of closure to the entire situation. Statistically, I will have an EXTREMELY small chance of relaps after chemo and surgery.

On a lighter note Sarah and I had a great time in Los Angeles:

The view from our room... see where the water meets the smoke/smog? Its out there.One legged bird at Venice Beach. This is where all the crazies hang out.

Pacific Ocean.Sarah thought she would take pictures of everything.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update & we will keep praying for you all & the doctors. God is good all the time. All the time God is good.

    Love you,
    Carol & R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick and Sarah,
    We have been and will continue praying for you and your family here in Lincoln, Kansas. We will especially be thinking of you on October 13 and will be expecting wonderful results. Our love to all of you.
    Pat and Ray

    ReplyDelete

so glad you stopped by! i love to know who's been visiting, so leave a comment, if you would please!