Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chemo Has Started

Yep... It's started.

The cycles are as follows. I will have four cycles of chemo. One treatment cycle is 3-4 hours a day being hooked up to an IV for 5 consecutive days. I will then have blood drawn at least once a week to monitor my blood counts. So far this week:

Monday got up when to treatment, went home feeling great with a slight metallic taste in my mouth. Sarah then went to go get nausea meds and I spiffed my bisects 6 or 7 times in the hour that it took Sarah to go get anti-puke meds. Once the meds were in me the evening was rather uneventful.

Tuesday was a very uneventful day. I kept in my meds and they gave me a headache.

Wednesday was not as enjoyable. As the chemo compounds it seems be getting harder and harder. At this point I have noticed a great loss in appetite and energy.

Thursday I went in today and slept most of the treatment. They also gave another type of anti puke drug that should help more.

This time has really been a blessing despite its shortfalls. Sarah and Isaac and I have all enjoyed the extra time that we have had to spend together. And I have found extra time to read in the Bible since treatment has started.

God has really planted Proverbs 16:9 in my head these last few months: The mind of man plans his ways, But the LORD directs his paths.

4 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you guys! Sarah, so sorry I didn't get connected with you until this. I join you in praising God for the strength He gives you guys to have such great attitudes, even while puking. (The shirt should read: Cancer is pukey, or something like that!) But God is good and as Prov 16:9 states, His ways are often so much different than ours. Hang in there, both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at Isaac!!! How gorgeous is he?! Wanted to say thank you for the blog, it helps us pray for you all more specifically. I am also a fan of Prov 16:9, and aren't we glad for the Lord's direction....I'm sure without it we would have taken many disasterous "uncharted roads"! Keep looking up and trusting the Rock! We love you guys and our prayers continue to go up on your behalf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie - Delaware
    Hi kids you are in our thoughts over the miles. We have many friends who have been down this path. It will take loving family,friends,faith and humor to endure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy - Texas

    Hey guys, thanks for the blog and willingness to share with family and friends. You all are in our thoughts and prayers. It is wonderful to hear you have so many friends and family to provide support.

    ReplyDelete

so glad you stopped by! i love to know who's been visiting, so leave a comment, if you would please!